RACE COURSE DESCRIPTION
The first race of the 2022 Arkansas NICA Season will take place at Spring Hill Trail in Barling, Arkansas. This mostly flat course starts right along the Arkansas River and alternates going through open space and forested areas along the banks of the river with lots of room for spectators all along the way.
The course will be open for pre-ride Saturday afternoon (1:00 - 4:00 PM) and Sunday morning (8:05 - 8:30 AM). We strongly recommend that all racers pre-ride the course and bring a map, plenty of water, cell phone and not ride alone. Most teams ride together. Please pass course workers with great care, and stay off the course on race weekend except during the above times.
VOLUNTEER AT OUR RACES
Volunteers are the backbone of our league and make our events possible. Please consider volunteering at this race, we guarantee you’ll love it, money-back guarantee! Click HERE to sign up for a volunteer position at this race. If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Race 1 Home Teams: TBD
Parking areas will be along the roads and in fields in the park. Attendants will be assisting.
Spring Hill Park is a full-service RV Park with hookups on-site Make your reservations through the Corps of Engineers site. Click Here.
Also, the Corps of Engineers is allowing us to have open camping for race participants at your team's assigned location within the park. There will be no charge.
Food service will be available on-site Saturday afternoon and Sunday 9 am – 2 pm.
Come hang out at the GRIT tent and decorate cowbells from 9 am to 2 pm on Sunday!
PETITIONS FOR CATEGORY PLACEMENT
Those petitioning for exceptions to the category placement must do so by Tuesday August 31 at 11:59 PM. Petitions forms must be emailed to League Director Terry Coddington. Race day petitions will not be accepted.
2021 RACING FEES
Riders can purchase a four race package for $110 before August 1. Discount is applied when all four races are in a student athlete’s pit zone cart at the same time.
|RACING FEES||REGISTRATION||LATE FEE AT RACE+|
+ Online pre-registration closes at 11:59 PM on the Tuesday before the race. After that, you will have to register at the race and pay the late fee. Scholarships are available, fill out the application HERE.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION – PLATE PICK-UP
Saturday 9/11, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM | Sunday 9/12, 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Make your race day more enjoyable and avoid long lines and late fees by registering in advance online! Double-check that you are registered and race ready in the NICA Pit Zone before pre-registration closes.
If you have not been invited to register yet in the NICA Pit Zone contact your Team Director. Independent riders contact your League Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the NICA Pit Zone contact registration services at email@example.com. Note: Online pre-registration will close Tuesday at midnight prior to each race.
On-site registration will be available at the registration booth for riders who do not complete pre-registration on Saturday from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm and Sunday morning from 8:00-9:00 Please note on-site registration will result in late fees of $10 for League Registration and $10 for Race Registration. Race plates will be $10 to replace if you lose or forget your race plate.
Contact Terry Coddington with questions or problems.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- Vehicles are not allowed in the team pit and infield area during the race. One vehicle per team may drop equipment during designated times.
- No Smoking or alcohol is allowed in the team pit or infield areas.
- No inappropriate language allowed in the team pit and infield areas.
- Any conflicts and/or disputes with any race official or volunteer shall not be dealt with in the team pit area.
- Any violation of the above rules may result in a team penalty and/or expulsion from the team pit and infield area.
- No gasoline generators and no open fires inside the team pit area, please.
- Keep dogs on leashes at all times and clean up after your dogs.
- No more than 2 hammocks per tree, and no closer than 5 feet from the race course.
- Please pack out what you pack in. No garbage receptacles will be provided.
- Review our Refund and Weather Policy HERE.
- All racing will be governed by the NICA Rulebook
- Contact Glenn France, Race Director, with any race questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Terry Coddington, League Director, with any league or team questions: email@example.com
- We hope all racers and their families will stay after the race for the award ceremony!
The Arkansas Interscholastic Cycling League is a Project League of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association, a 501(c)(3) non-profit youth development organization, building strong mind, body and character, guided by the principles of inclusivity and equality. The league promotes interscholastic mountain bike racing, provides training and education to new teams and coaches, and offers a comprehensive infrastructure to grow youth cycling in a professional, safe and engaging manner.