RACE COURSE DESCRIPTION
1 mile course, starts with 50 yard field start. Run counterclockwise and get as many laps as you can . This will be a girls only race, divided into age and ability. A FUN intro to racing and a way to practice starts for the NICA race season!
OTHER ACTIVITIES FOR THE DAY
BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND BE PREPARED TO GET WET! We will have fun water games and other bike, and non bike, related fun games to play with all your GRiT friends from all over the state of Arkansas!
VOLUNTEER AT OUR RACES
We need any GRIT coaches and parents to help us! Please email Haley at email@example.com if you want to volunteer.
Parking areas will be along the roads and in fields in the park.
Snow Cone Truck!! Bring snacks and lunch.
Saturday, August 21, 2021
7:50 AM Volunteer Meeting - If you are coming and can volunteer, please join us here!
8:00 AM Welcome to the 1st Annual GRiT Race!
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Race Waves broken into age and ability levels
11:00 AM Lunch - Bring your own!
12:00 PM Games!
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Awards
2:30 PM - 3:00PM PARTY!!!!
3:00 PM End
Registration is on Pit Zone. You need to be Race Ready in Pit Zone to participate. Last day to register is Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
If you have not been invited to register yet in the NICA Pit Zone contact your Team Director. Independent riders contact your League Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the NICA Pit Zone contact registration services at email@example.com. Note: Online pre-registration will close Tuesday at midnight prior to each race.
Contact Terry Coddington with questions or problems.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- Vehicles are not allowed in the team pit and infield area during the race. One vehicle per team may drop equipment during designated times.
- No Smoking or alcohol is allowed in the team pit or infield areas.
- No inappropriate language allowed in the team pit and infield areas.
- Any conflicts and/or disputes with any race official or volunteer shall not be dealt with in the team pit area.
- Any violation of the above rules may result in a team penalty and/or expulsion from the team pit and infield area.
- No gasoline generators and no open fires inside the team pit area, please.
- Keep dogs on leashes at all times and clean up after your dogs.
- No more than 2 hammocks per tree, and no closer than 5 feet from the race course.
- Please pack out what you pack in. No garbage receptacles will be provided.
- Review our Refund and Weather Policy HERE.
- All racing will be governed by the NICA Rulebook
- Contact Terry Coddington, League Director, with any league or team questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We hope all racers and their families will stay after the race for the award ceremony!
The Arkansas Interscholastic Cycling League is a Project League of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association, a 501(c)(3) non-profit youth development organization, building strong mind, body and character, guided by the principles of inclusivity and equality. The league promotes interscholastic mountain bike racing, provides training and education to new teams and coaches, and offers a comprehensive infrastructure to grow youth cycling in a professional, safe and engaging manner.