The National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) is the National Governing Body for grades 9-12 interscholastic mountain biking. NICA provides leadership, governance and program support to promote the development of Interscholastic Mountain Biking Leagues throughout the United States.
The National Interscholastic Cycling Association (“NICA”) will develop high school mountain biking coast-to-coast by 2020, as well as . . .
• Promote athlete skills development, excellence, teamwork, professionalism and respect for the community and the environment;
• Promote the sport of mountain biking and the benefits of mountain biking as a healthy, low impact, outdoor recreational lifestyle;
• Provide national leadership and governance through comprehensive policies, rules and guidelines to establish fair rules of play and codes of conduct;
• Provide comprehensive Coaches Training and Licensing program to establish and maintain national standards and best practices;
• Provide comprehensive risk management guidelines for mountain bike programming to establish and maintain national standards and best practices;
• Provide technical assistance and support for League formation, team formation, races, camps and special events;
• Provide successful models of League development, sustainable fiscal growth, and corporate and individual donor development;
• Advocate for the environmental conservation of natural areas and parklands, mountain bike trail access, and the development of sustainable trail systems.