GRiT – Girls Riding Together
Currently, girls represent 20% of NICA’s overall national student-athlete participation. NICA GRiT (Girls Riding Together) seeks to increase that number significantly over the next five years. The GRiT Program is NICA’s effort to recruit and retain more girls and female coaches in NICA programs.
GRiT events are the Third Saturday of every month from April – August! Mark it in your calendar! These events will be some biking and some non-biking, focused on just having a ton of fun with with girls in NICA.
For 2021, GRiT dates are –
The events will take place every 3rd Saturday of the month from April to August 2021 in both Central Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas. The dates are:
** There will be separate events in both Central Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas so girls can go to whichever event is closest for them – or mix it up and meet more girls!
Arkansas NICA GRiT Ambassador Applications open NOW!
The GRiT Ambassador program is open to all girls in grades 6 – 12 anywhere in Arkansas. We are looking for hard-working, inclusive, fun, happy, welcoming girls to join the program. . We can’t wait to see the applications that come in! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are open until January 31, 2021. Decisions will be made by mid February!
- Must have a good attitude, be a leader on the team, be accepting of everyone, be encouraging to all, and portray a “team player” attitude!
- Must attend a minimum of 3 GRiT rides out of 5. The events will take place every 3rd Saturday of the month from April to August 2021 in both Central Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas. The dates are:
- Must recruit 3 new friends to join over the course of the program.
- Must lead a group ride, with the help of a coach.
- Must attend (you don’t have to race, but you do have to be there to encourage other girls) 3 – 5 League Events. The dates are:
Adventure Weekend – June 25-26
Sept 11 – 12
Sept 25- 26